Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Half Marathon Training

So I've been running for some time now. I love it, can't get enough. Despite my injuries, joint pain, exhaustion and frustration along the way, it feeds my need to force some discipline into my life. Due to a plethora of motivations I have decided to train for a half marathon which I'll be running June 5th. Monday began my 14 week journey embarking on checking off one more accomplishment on my bucket list.

Today is day three, and I'm feeling pretty good and optimistic. It is daunting to imagine that there will come a day when I'll be running over four miles a day, which is the longest distance I've run at one time up to this point. Though I'm looking forward to being able to say I've completed this feat.

On a side note, I have a bit of cognitive dissonance in relation to completing this task because of a bad habit I have developed: smoking :( I know it's bad for my health, causes lung cancer, makes me smell, darkens my pearly whites, and makes my psoriasis flare up. Yet, this compulsion overrides me, despite my awareness of it's horrid effects.

My goal, is to quit, forever. Smoking and running don't mesh well. So here is to my positive thoughts and discipline with running, spilling over into my other habits. Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment