Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Breathe, smile, visualize, evaluate, fight.

I don't know what to do

Now that I have met you

Maybe chance, or maybe fate

But it's only been one date

Infatuation and excitement

May soon end in disappointment

Being the object of your affection

But where this will lead us

I'm not sure the direction

You make me laugh

I make you smile

This may break after a while

My true colors will surely show

Things about me you did not know

Unfavorable things about myself

Things I hide upon a shelf

Things that I have accepted

But not everybody else

And how they're affected

This frustration I've collected

Built up over time

And just as I suspected

It wasn't far that we would climb

Just far enough to make me scared

I knew deep down

There would be deception

Not all know how to react

Breeding fear of rejection

Just like that

I can't bare that again

Getting so close

Losing my breath

With each and every dose

Of the heroin you are to me

A drug and a disease

I can't leave, I'm addicted

To the pain

That you've inflicted

The highs and lows

The violent extremes

Losing you would bring an awful scream

But wait a minute

I'm over-thinking

The boat hasn't left the dock

And we're already sinking

Doomed for failure

This isn't flattering

But neither of us were looking for a fling

Relationships go deep

Beyond the surface

So if my heart you'd like to keep

Take a breath and repeat





No comments:

Post a Comment