Friday, February 4, 2011

Wrong Era

I'll tell you what. Sometimes, I just don't understand why I wasn't born about five years earlier. Or in a different time period all together. I don't know if it was the way I was raised, or just an innate quality, but I've never had any fiery desire to be rebellious in any nature. On occasion I enjoy stirring the pot to stimulate my surroundings, but I don't usually feel any need to act outright against my moral standards.

I've come to realize that because of this rather mature perspective for my age, I struggle finding a place to be about my peers. So when my neighbors, who are nice and inviting folks, have the music bumpin' and yelling all loud, I can't help but be annoyed. (Though my annoyance has build upon the negative snowball of a day to begin with.)

I like my music loud too, but I try to not irritate everyone in the process. Go ahead and dougie your way through a G6, but do it a little lower so it doesn't shake the paint off the walls please :)

I'm certain that there aren't many others out there at my age with a like-mind. Those who aren't conservative, but do like to go to bed at 9pm on some Fridays because they've been up since 7am and working non-stop all day long. Those who don't mind being on their grind because they know they are going far in life. Those who rock their discipline and brush the dirt off their shoulder. It'd be nice to meet 'em, to have someone to fall back on who gets it every once in a while.

But until then, I'm gonna be thankful. I've got two legs, two arms, two eyes, ears, and a mouth. To top it off, I've got lungs that breathe and a heart that beats and I don't even deserve that much. Big ups to the Father for blessing me with my life. Though I struggle finding where I belong in this world, I know right where I belong in his :)

No comments:

Post a Comment