Friday, December 10, 2010

Everything changes

I have an unfortunate tendency to get my hopes about things, and then end up upset because things to not turn out the way I desired. When I find myself happy, sad, frustrated, etc. I tend to write, as per usual, but I write poems because I find more clarity this way. As I found my hopes rising, I crafted the following. But this feeling was fleeting and I am back at square one.

Is it curious that I can’t get you off my mind

Think about you almost all the time

I hear your laugh

I see you smile

Haven’t felt this way in a while

I was happy long ago

More than I thought I’d ever know

Everything was shiny, new, and bright

Then like a thief in the night

It all fell apart

I felt all alone in the dark

Never again to see the spark

Gave it all my strength to move forward

Find something better to travel toward

But nothing seemed to give

No prayers showed a purpose for me to live

But everything happens for a reason

And for each time there is a season

God has a funny way of making things work

Enter you, and no more hurt

The peace in your eyes

The assurance in your step

Filled with no single regret

Sweeps me up with a spirit of hope

Still I tread a slippery slope

Fear moving too quick

Sharing my life is no magic trick

All out in the open

I’m already fragile and broken

One more hit

And surely I’ll slip

Fumble and trip

But isn’t love supposed to be worth the risk?

So I’ll dream and wish

For just one kiss

To show me it could be real

Give you a chance to feel

The warmth seep back into your heart

At least it would be a start

And if you’re true

I can promise you

I’ll give it my all

Try my best not to let you fall

Always answer when you call

Commit to giving you all my care

All the love that I can bare

All I ask for in return

Is that no matter what you learn

Or which way our paths turn

You’ll still care

Just enough to be there

No comments:

Post a Comment