Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Moving

I am clearly slacking in my blog posting abilities. However, I believe I have a valid excuse. I have been busy moving my stuff home for Christmas break, working, and spending time with my family and friends. I've been enjoying this time of rest and relaxation after a brutally stressful semester. I also ended up getting sick :( This has put an unfortunate damper on my mood.

Today, in my relatively ill state, I managed to purchase almost everyone's Christmas presents and go house hunting with my step-dad. House hunting is fun, but I really don't want to move. Though I will be moving out anyways, I still love my parents' house and am not looking forward to the stress of packing up our entire life that has taken place here. There are so many wonderful things about our home that I am going to miss.

1. We live on 11 acres. Plenty of room for our dog to run around, to ride the four-wheeler, to rake leaf piles, and to build snow forts.

2. We have an abundance of space, despite the plethora of things we have. Wherever we end up moving, I will likely be sharing a room instead of enjoying the ample 12x12 dungeon that is my room now.

3. I am going to miss the memories. I have lived here since I was ten-years-old or so and I have changed so much since then. My whole life has happened here. I will miss staying up on Christmas eve "waiting for Santa." I will miss laying out in the sun in our pool for hours in the summer.

However, I know that change can be a marvelous thing. I know that moving will be a great experience for my younger siblings to have the chance to live in an area closer to their friends instead of in the middle of nowhere. I will just have to be patient and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment