Monday, December 6, 2010

We all need a little laughter

I am a firm believer that laughter is the best medicine. It is such a beautiful, infectious expression of joy that I'm smiling just thinking about it. A cheesy joke, a shared experience, or a perfectly prosed punch line can evoke a bellyful of amusement in the best of us.

Another beauty of laughter is that our sense of humor can change and grow and is never the same as another. With that being said, I hope not to offend anyone with the following.

I am the owner of an iPhone 3Gs and am decently pleased with it's performance, all except for one thing: auto correct. For those who don't know, auto correct is the programmed dictionary function in the messaging, emailing, and other writing applications on the phone which "fixes" words when you spell them wrong. But sometimes we spell things wrong intentionally or sometimes the auto correct simply has a mind of it's own.

So when I stumbled upon Damn you, AutoCorrect, I found myself filled with uncontrollable chuckles at the similar situations I've found myself in. Such a simple concept, but with an ever expanding audience as more and more victims of auto correction suffer, it is sure to bring at least a giggle to the most accurate speller.

I also appreciate that as a part of a distinct group of auto correction suckers, we can all share in this humor as it provides a connection that others do not share.

If you know what makes you laugh, don't hesitate to share it. A little laughter never hurt anybody :)

No comments:

Post a Comment